During the COVID-19 pandemic, your health is more important to us than ever. NYC Health + Hospitals offers New Yorkers telemedicine and telehealth services. We have several options such as telephone appointments, video visits, an online patient portal to connect with our health care providers without coming into the doctor’s office or hospital, as well as virtual ExpressCare for urgent care services.
MyChart Patient Portal
What is MyChart?
MyChart is NYC Health + Hospitals’ patient portal. It is a free and secure online tool where you can view and manage your health information at any time. It is the best way to connect with your doctor and health care providers from home.
Need help with your MyChart Account?
- Call our MyChart Help Line at 1-844-920-1227 and press Option 1.
- Help Line Hours Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (24/7).
- You can also click here to request help using our online form.
- Our team can help you sign up for MyChart, reset your password, or navigate MyChart. For clinical questions, please contact your doctor’s office.
What is a telephone visit?
Telephone visits are visits with your doctor over the phone instead of face to face. Your doctor calls you at the scheduled time at the number you give us. You do not need to come into the practice.
- All NYC Health + Hospitals care providers offer telephone appointments.
- Call 1-844-692-4692 to request a telephone visit with your doctor.
- If you are already signed up for MyChart, you can also schedule a telephone visit online.
What is a Video Visit?
A video visit is a video chat with your doctor. Instead of traveling to see your doctor in-person, you can have your appointment with them from home, work, or another convenient location.
- Many Health + Hospitals doctors, therapists, and other care providers now offer secure and confidential video visits.
- Speak to your doctor to learn if they offer video visits.
- Our video visits are done through MyChart.
- You must have an active MyChart account for video visits.
How to Join a Video Visit Using Smartphone/Tablet + MyChart App
- Download the MyChart app from the Apple Store or Google Store. Using the MyChart app will guarantee the best user experience on a smartphone.
- Login into the MyChart app on your smartphone or tablet
- Tap the Appointments icon.
- Tap Your Video Visit.
- To prepare for your visit in advance, you can tap eCheck-In.
- To join your visit, tap Start Video. The doctor will join when they are ready
How to Join a Video Visit Using Computer (PC or Mac)
- Login to MyChart using your computer.
- Click the Visits icon at the top of the homepage.
- Under Appointments and Visits, select the Appointment Date for your video visit and click the Details button.
- To prepare for your visit in advance, you can tap Prepare for Your Visit.
- To join your visit, tap Start Your Video Visit. The doctor will join when they are ready.
What to expect during your video visit:
- Join your video visit 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- If your doctor does not appear immediately, we request that you stay on for 30 minutes after your scheduled appointment time. There is a possibility that your doctor is running late.
- When your doctor is ready, they will start the visit and you will be able to see and hear each other.
- If the video does not work, your doctor may call you on your phone. Make sure the mobile phone number in MyChart is the correct number for your doctor to reach you.
- Need help with your video visit? Call our MyChart Help Line at 1-844-920-1227 and press Option 1.
Video Visit Resources
Watch this quick video to learn about video visits.
Scroll to top